FANCY SHAPE DIAMONDS

        PRINCESS CUT

Cut Grade Standards
 

Cut Grade Standards
    Length-to-Width Ratio "Bow-Tie"    
  1A - 1.00 to 1.0 None   "Ideal Cut"
 
1B - .98 to 1.0 None
    "Premium Cut"

2A -
.96 to 1.0 Hardly Noticeable
 
2B - .94 to 1.0 Hardly Noticeable
    "Choice Cut"

3A -
.92 to 1.0 Slightly Noticeable
 
3B - .90 to 1.0 Slightly Noticeable
    "Value Cut"
 
4A -
 
 
.88 to 1.0
 
Noticeable
 
4B -
 
.86 to 1.0
 
Noticeable
 

 
The Princess Cut shape is the most reasonably priced of all the diamond shapes. Its popularity is gaining at a very fast pace, both as a Solitaire Diamond Engagement Ring and as a Center Diamond accented by smaller Round or Fancy Shape Diamonds on each side.
 
One word of caution, however, the "Ideal Cut" Princess Cut Diamond is a perfect "square"; its Length and Width are exactly the same; i.e., 1.0 to 1.0. As a result of this Length-to-Width ratio, 80% of its weight is in the depth of the Diamond. When the Princess Cut Diamond is mounted into a jewelry design, even a Classic Solitaire Ring mounting, its size appears much smaller than the same size of the other diamond shapes. This is because only 20% of the Princess Cut Diamond can be seen from the top of the ring. For example, an "Ideal Cut" Princess Cut Diamond weighing 1.00 CT. (one carat) measures 6.0 X 6.0 mm; an "Ideal Cut" Marquise Diamond weighing 1.00 CT. (one carat) measures 10.0 X 5.0 mm. Let's compare the measurements of an "Ideal Cut" Princess Cut Diamond weighing 1.00 CT (one carat) with five other diamond shapes; each of the other five diamond shapes weigh 1.00 CT. (one carat), and each of the other five diamond shapes are "Ideal Cut" - Cut Graded "1A":

IDEAL CUT DIAMOND MEASUREMENTS (mm)
Weight/
Cut Grade
Princess Cut Marquise Pear Shape Oval Emerald Cut Radiant Cut
1.00 CT.
"1A"
6.0X6.0 10.0X5.0 8.0X5.0 8.0X6.0 7.0X5.0 7.0X5.0

 
Therefore,
a one carat Princess Cut Diamond looks 40% smaller than a one carat Marquise, 25% smaller than a one carat Pear Shape, 25% smaller than a one carat Oval, and 15% smaller than a one carat Emerald Cut or Radiant Cut Diamond.

Local Service Areas

Statesboro, GA           Swainsboro, GA           Sylvania, GA           Savannah, GA           Vidalia, GA           Hinesville, GA           Fort Stewart, GA          

Jesup, GA           Baxley, GA           Hazelhurst, GA           Eastman, GA           Dublin, GA           Warner Robins, GA           Macon, GA          

Cordele, GA           Fitzgerald, GA           Douglas, GA           Tifton, GA           Waycross, GA           Brunswick, GA            St. Simons Island, GA          

Folkston, GA           Valdosta, GA           Thomasville, GA           Cairo, GA           Bainbridge, GA           Donalsonville, GA           Colquitt, GA          

Blakely, GA           Albany, GA           Sylvester, GA           Fernandina Beach, FL           Jacksonville, FL           Daytona Beach, FL           Orange Park, FL          

Lake City, FL           Live Oak, FL           Quincy, FL           Tallahassee, FL           Clermont, FL           Leesburg, FL           Orlando, FL          

Winter Haven, FL           Lakeland, FL           Ocala, FL           Gainesville, FL           Bluffton, SC           Beaufort, SC           Hilton Head, SC          

Myrtle Beach, SC           Charleston, SC           Summerville, SC           Dothan, AL           Eufaula, AL           Auburn, AL           Montgomery, AL          

Material on this site is the property of Bennett's Fine Jewelers, and may not be reproduced, wholly or in part, without written consent of the applicable party.

Bennett's Fine Jewelers © Copyright 2000 - 2025. All rights reserved.